After baking an amazing raspberry dream cake without sugar I tried to make a healthier version of my favourite muffins: Blueberry Muffins.
No sugar! No Butter! And only 110 Kcal for one Muffin! Still they didn’t taste like some healthy boring treats, they tasted really good!
Ok, yes, I did sprinkle some sugar on top, because I thought they would look prettier this way.. But that’s totally optional!
* 200 g flour
* 40 g oats
* 16 g baking powder
* 150 g bananas
* 30 g of raisins (or other dried fruit of your choice)
* 2 eggs
* 250 g of fat reduced plain yogurt
* 125 g of blueberries
* sugar to sprinkle on top (optional)
My kids don’t like raisins, which I hear is quite common.. And I didn’t have any other dried fruits at home, so I used instead 30 g of rice sirup instead. You can also use any sugar substitute of your choice, but make sure it’s ok to bake it!
1. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees.
2. Spray your muffin moulds with butter or place some paper cups in it.
3. Slice the bananas (thinly 150g) and chop the raisins (30g) or other dried fruits.
4. Mix together the sliced bananas, raisins (or sugar substitute), eggs (2), yogurt (250g) and blueberries (125g).
5. Add the flour (200g), oats (40g) and baking powder (16g) and amalgamate.
6. Pour the dough in the muffin forms (should be enough for 12 regular forms).
7. Decorate with sugar sprinkles if you like.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 180 degrees or until golden brown.
9. Let the cool down 5 minutes in the baking form and then on a cooling rack.