Recipe for lemon poppy seeds cake
Lemon poppy seeds cake
The best easy recipe for fluffy and delicious lemon poppy seeds cake is finally here! Increase the flavour with essential oils, check it out here.simple
- 10 minutes
- 35 minutes
- 45 minutes
|225||gbutter, room temperature|
|20 g||poppy seeds|
|3 g||baking powder|
|2||drops Lemon Essential Oil – only use pure and certified oils, like doTERRA|
|3||tbsp lemon juice|
|2||tbsp confectioner’s sugar|
- Baking Spray
- electric whisk
Steps of preparation
- Preheat the oven at 180C. Spray your baking tin with baking spray or use melted butter to cover the borders.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar and the soft butter with a whisk at medium speed for 5 minutes. It should become fluffy and creamy.
- Add the poppy seeds and combine them.
- Add the eggs and beat well.
- Now add the flour, baking powder, and salt a little at a time, alternating with the milk, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 2 drops of lemon essential oil (if you do not have one, add 1 tsp of lemon zest). Beat until just combined, do not overbeat.
- Pour the batter in the oiled baking form and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let it cool down 10 minutes before releasing the cake from the form.
- Once it has cooled down completely on a wire rack, you can add the lemon glaze. To make it mix one tablespoon of lemon juice with about 3 tablespoons of confectioner’s sugar. Add more sugar if it’s too runny. Pour over the cake and let the glaze flow down the sides.
If you liked the recipe and want to help me increase my reach, click on the stars below.