Italian plum tart
I love to cook and bake with seasonal products, so this crunchy crust pie filled with an almond cream and juicy plums was just perfect to start nice and cosy in the summer season!
The recipe is from my favorite Italian cooking magazine Sale &
It was also the perfect subject to try out one of my (4!!) new backdrops from Capture by Lucy and I hope you love it as much as I do! No affiliation here, just simply truely happy about my purchase!
Plum Tart Recipe
Plum art with almond crust
Plum Tart with almond crust: Almond flour combined with plums in this delicious crust pie, that reveals beautiful autumn colors and flavors, the perfect seasonal dessertmoderate
Prep time:20 minutes
Rest time:3 hours 30 minutes
Baking time:35 minutes
Total time:4 hours 25 minutes
|Almond Crust – 2 portions|
|225 g||butter, room temperature|
|140 g||powder sugar|
|375 g||plain flour|
|45 g||almond flour|
|75 g||butter, room temperature|
|75 g||powder sugar|
|75 g||almond flour|
|2||Tbsp plain flour|
- plastic foil
- baking paper
- pie form with removable boarders
Steps of preparation
- Start preparing the crust by whisking 225g of room temperature butter with 95g of powder sugar until soft and creamy.
- Add the flour (375g), remaining powder sugar (45g) and almond flour (45g) and mix well, but not long.
- Now amalgamate also the egg into the dough, work quickly, best done by hand.
- Divide the dough into two. Form it into balls. Wrap it in plastic foil. We will only use one: place it in the fridge to rest for 3 hours, you can freeze the other one for another time or make biscuits out of it.
- While the dough rests, prepare the filling: whisk the room temperature butter (75g) with the powder sugar (75g) until fluffy and airy.
- Add the flours (75g almond flour and 2 Tbsp plain flour) and mix. Finally, incorporate also the egg. Cover with plastic foil and let rest in the fridge for 2 hours.
- When the dough has rested 3 hours in the refrigerator, take it out and roll it out into a circle of approximately 26 cm diameter in-between two sheets of baking paper.
- Peel out the baking paper sheet on the top of the rolled out dough. Place the dough in a pie-baking form with removable bottom. It should cover the bottom and the borders. Adjust if there are any holes and remove any dough over the borders. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Once the time is up, fill the crust with the prepared cream, spreading it out evenly.
- Wash and cut the plums into slices. Place them in the cream like sun beams.
- Bake at 180 C for 35 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove the sides of the baking form. Let it cool down.
- Enjoy with vanilla ice-cream or whipped cream for the ultimate decadent autumn dessert!
Did you like the recipe? Please rate it by clicking the stars. You will help my blog have a wider reach by doing so. Thank you!
You tried this recipe?
Then link @thecookingglobetrotter on Instagram or use the hashtag #thecookingglobetrotter.
I baked the pie for dear friends and they brought along ice-cream. What can I say? They were divine together!! So if you have the chance, add a spoon (or two) of ice cream to your slice!
The recipe makes two bases: you can freeze one and use it whenever you want to repeat the recipe. This way it will be much faster! Otherwise you can use the dough also to make almond cookies, simply roll it out and use your cookie cutters. Bake at 160 C for 10-15 minutes, until golden.
Not a friend of plums? Well, that’s not an issue! Try it out with other fruits, like peaches or apricots! And then let me know how it was!
Do you see the fork and knife on the plate? I found a whole set of them at my mother’s. She saved them from being disposed after my grandfather passed away. So glad she did! They were kept in an old shoe box, where my great-grandmother used to store “recent family pictures” – at least, that is what she hand wrote on the box. A true treasure.
Do you also like to hang on to old things full of memories? I’d love to know!
Not sure if you can manage baking this lovely pie, but you really want a piece? No worries, you can order it from me. All you need to do is write me through the contact form or by leaving a comment below.