Slightly crunchy on the outside and a bit chewy inside, sprinkle some melted chocolate on top for that extra touch.
All you need for those cookies are 5 ingredients and two spoons! Oh, yes, an oven too! The recipe makes about two trays of cookies. Use tablespoons for big cookies or teaspoons if you prefer a petit version.
The coconut macaroons are gluten-free and therefore ideal when you want to treat someone with dietary restrictions.
Ready for the recipe? Here it comes!
- 1 egg
- 125g sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 50g of melted butter (or coconut oil)
- 300g of coconut flakes
- melted chocolate to decorate (optional)
- Beat the egg until it has incorporated some air and makes bubbles.
- Add the sugar (125g) slowly while mixing and a pinch of salt and mix until it’s creamy.
- Add the melted butter (50g) and the coconut flakes (300g) and amalgamate. Sometimes the coconut is very dry, if this is the case, you may need to add another egg to amalgamate everything together.
- Heat the oven at 170° with ventilation.
- Use a teaspoon to measure the dough (the cookies will cook evenly if they have the same size), form a cone with your fingers while the dough is on the spoon and place it on the baking tray lined up with baking paper.
- Bake for 10’.
- Let them cool down completely.
- If you like you can dip the bottom or the top in some melted chocolate, simply drip it over with a spoon or alternatively sprinkle with icing sugar.
No time to bake right now? No problem, you can save my recipe for the coconut macaroons on Pinterest!
I will be adding more recipes soon! Subscribe to my newsletter and you will be informed via email when I publish a new recipe!