Summer recipe for frozen tiramisu
We all love a good and creamy Tiramisu‘, don’t we? I have a great recipe, that I have been making for years here on the blog, a lighter version of the traditional Italian dessert, with different biscuits very little sugar.
In the summer heat, I wanted to try something new and refreshing. Cold, creamy, and decadent.
This frozen Tiramisù is a delicious coffee and mascarpone parfait, perfect dessert on a summer night!
Frozen Tiramisu Recipe
Learn how to make a delicious frozen tiramisu, with my recipe for coffee and mascarpone cream parfait, perfect for parties and with a good coffeesimple
- 20 minutes
- 4 hours
- 4 hours 20 minutes
|tea biscuits (rectangular and flat)
|tbsp cocoa powder
- Electric whisk
Steps of preparation
- Make coffee and let it cool down. Pour 100 ml in a small bowl. Line up a rectangular form with foil. Dip the cookies in the coffee and make one layer on the bottom of the tin, brake them up as needed for them to fit the space nicely.
- Prepare a bain-marie: take a small pan and fill it 1/3 with water, heat it up.
- Take a bowl and put it on top.
- Place the 4 egg yolks (keep two whites for later), sugar and 50ml of coffee in it and whip constantly while cooking (not too hot!) until creamy and it changes to a lighter colour.
- Once the colour has changed, take it out of the heat and put the bowl in another bowl filled with ice water to cool the cream quickly, keep whisking.
- Add the mascarpone a little at a time and mix it in (you can take the bowl out of the water to do so).
- Beat two egg whites until stiff and then add them to the cream, mixing with a spatula from the bottom to the top.
- Whip also the heavy cream and add to the mascarpone cream mixing carefully.
- Pour 1/3 of the cream on top of the prepared biscuits.
- Top with a layer of coffee-dipped biscuits.
- Pour another 1/3 of cream and top again with biscuits.
- Repeat once again.
- 7Cover with foil and let set in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
- Turn it upside down on your serving plate, take away the foil and sprinkle with cocoa powder before serving.
- Enjoy with a cup of good coffee!
Did you like the recipe? Please rate it by clicking the stars below! You will support my site by doing so and it will reach more people on the world wide web. Thank you!
Refreshing delicious Italian dessert
I served the parfait at a bbq party and it was a great and refreshing treat after all the
If you plan to serve it to children, you can also use decaffeinated coffee.
The recipe makes approximately 16-20 slices depending on the size of your tin and of course, also of your slices! I used a regular plum cake tin and made 1 cm slices.
If you happen to have leftovers, just store them in the freezer for up to 1 week – I doubt they will survive that long anyway!
The cooking Globetrotter
Did you try this or another recipe of mine? I would love to know how you liked it! You can share your experience with me by leaving a comment below or by contacting me through the contact form.
If you are GERMAN speaking, you can now see my recipes also in German! I am publishing all the new recipes (this one too!!) in both languages and translating the old ones.
If you want to have a look at the recipes in German, go on the Menu above the big pictures and click on “English”, you will then have the possibility to choose DEUTSCH as your language!