Easter Bunnies Cookies
Here is a simple recipe to make delicious and terribly cute little Easter bunnies biscuits! You better make them just before you want to serve them because they are going to disappear fast!!!
My bunnies are holding small coloured chocolate eggs. You can also use almonds, marzipan carrots or whatever you think is suitable. Just remember to add it after having baked the bunnies!
To stick the chocolate eggs and draw the eyes of the bunnies I used a widely available sugar based writing pen. It’s a coloured sugar glaze and works fine as glue as well. You can also make your own glaze mixing lemon juice and icing sugar.
Recipe for Butter Biscuits
Sharing the recipe here below with you. Did you notice, that it’s interactive? You can mark the ingredients and print it out.
Also if you want to save it on your Pinterest Boards for next Easter, simply hover over one of the pictures until the Pinterest Logo appears on the upper left corner, then click save and it’s on your boards!
Remember to follow me also on Pinterest, I have many boards with loads of international recipes and my love for bread has created a pretty impressive Bread Board!
Easter Bunnies Biscuits Recipe
Bunnies Biscuits Recipe
A simple recipe to make cute and delicious Easter bunnies biscuits!simple
- 10 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 55 minutes
|tsp vanille extract
|glaze or writing sugar pen
Steps of preparation
- To make the dough mix all ingredients (flour, cold butter in cubes, icing sugar, salt and vanilla extract) until it all comes together.
- Let the dough rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Pour some flour on your kitchen counter and on your rolling pin and roll out the dough (not too thin, 3 mm is fine).
- Use the cookie cutter to cut out the bunnies and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Repeat until you use up all the dough. Make some simple thumbprints cookies with the leftovers.
- Preheat the oven at 170C (fan).
- Fold the arms of the bunnies, so that it looks like they are holding something.
- Bake the cookies for approximately 12 minutes or until golden.
- Let them cool down.
- Now use a glaze or a coloured sugar writing pen (I used brown) to make the eyes of the bunnies and as a glue to stick the chocolate eggs. You can use almonds or marzipan carrots or anything you like instead of the chocolate eggs.
- Enjoy and Happy Easter!
Looking for something savoury? How about my Ricotta and Spinach Pie?
Or if you are still searching for Easter Inspiration, you can see a selection of recipes here.
I wish you and your family a fantastic Easter! Lots of chocolate and good weather!